Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lana's Tip of the week

Hey, it’s Lana again and here’s my playful fashion tip of the week – The DIY ribbon hair tie. These work great for adding sparkle and playful fun to your hair ties. I use them to add bling to the sock buns I wear for gymnastics. The first two photos show me with my first DIY ribbon hair tie made to match my blue and black leopard print leo that I wear with white and black zebra print bar shorts.



Here’s how you make them.  They are really simple. You need a hair tie and two different colored ribbons (I like one of the ribbons to have sparkles). Make sure one of the ribbons is skinnier than the other. Cut the fatter ribbon into pieces about 7 or 8 inches long and cut the ends diagonal. Cut the skinny ribbon a little shorter than the fatter one. Put the skinnier ribbon on top of the fatter one and fold in half. You will see a loop when you do this. Fold this in half over the edge of the hair tie and pull the ends through the loop until it knots on the tie. Keep doing this until there is ribbon all around the tie.  The last photo shows the new hair tie my mom and I are making to match my new team warm up leo that is black with lime green. 






Make a DIY ribbon hair sparkle and send me some photos. Don’t forget to play hard this week and look great – Bye! Lana

Remember to leave a comment!!

1 comment: